This is a website under construction.
Actually, I was never any good at this blogging, I haven’t touched it in years but I’m trying to add some of the awesome memories from the last 5 years to the photo blog. Because? fuck instagram? I am also hoping to add a legacy collection of the photos of building drummer in the 1970’s recently shared with me by the Dowhen family.
- Boat Info: “Drummer” is a 1973 Tom Colvin Doxy38′
- LOD: 38′, LOA:51′, Draft: 4’6″, Beam:11’6″,15 gross tons
- *2016 added 10″ I beam to the keel increasing the draft to 5’4″ and the weight by 500kg
- The rig is a Tom Colvin designed Junk Schooner.
- The steel hull was built by T.D. Vinette and sons boatyard in Escanaba Michigan 1973
- The rig, cabin houses, interior and mechanical and elecrical systems were all initially built by Owners Travis and Dolly Dowhen between 1973-1975, in 1989 she was sold.
We found her derelict in Florida in Feruary 2007 and started a major refit.
She was re-launched November 2009.