Thomas E Colvin Junk Schooner Doxy, 38′ Cruising ready right now! Currently in The Dominican Republic with option for delivery worldwide.
Drummer is 1973 Colvin Doxy 38’ steel built and junk-rigged-schooner. Drummer for sale in Luperon, Dominican republic. Frequently compared to the Colvin Gazelle, the Doxy is a slightly shorter, heavier displacement, more spacious and stable version of Tom Colvin’s most famous design The Colvin Gazelle 42’. Drummer’s hull was professionally crafted at T.D. Vinette shipyard in Escanaba Michigan at a time when American steel alloys were the best quality available. Drummer is an amazing vessel and has taken very good care of me. She is a heavy displacement 38′, 15 ton steel hull in good condition, with spares, storage, and all systems “keep-it-simple” cruising ready, and with option for delivery worldwide! Check out the linked website for more photos and information about the equipment onboard. After checking out the website and photos please feel free to message me with specific questions! thanks!
Asking price: $ 56,000 USD
- Hull Built in 1973 by T.D. Vinette shipyard in Escanaba michigan
- Coatings: epoxy barrier coat inside and out.
- polyurethane topcoat on deck and topsides.
- Kiwigrip non-skid 2020
- LOD: 38′
- LOA: 51′
- LWL: 36’
- Beam: 11’6″
- Designed: 4’6″
- Added 2017: 11″
- Total Draught after 2017: ~5’5″
- NET 13
- GROSS 15
- 2017 Keel addition 500kg steel
- Ballast 6000lbs cast lead
- SABB 2GRG low hours.
- 2 Cylinder Diesel
- SABB reversing gearbox rebuilt 2021
- Northsea exhaust replaced in stainless 2021
- 70 gallons diesel (2 x 35gal steel tanks)
- 140 gallons fresh water (4x custom flexible)
- Holding tank 5gal with Y valve for overboard
- 11 gallon kerosene stainless storage tank
Berths: 3 single, 2 double
Heads: 2 Wilcox crittenden imperial 51 bronze manual
- Garmin chartplotter 545s
- Humminbird fishfinder
- Comnav commander P2 autopilot
- Icom 735 SSB/HAM radio
- Standard horizon GX2100 VHF with AIS
- LED lighting in cabins and for navigation
- 5 caframo 12v cabin fans
- Gimballed two burner kerosene stove with oven.
- Deep sink with manual fresh and salt water faucets.
- T E Colvin Junk Schooner rig, two Aluminum masts
- 5/16″ 7×7 Stainless steel standing rigging, new 2014. Swaged and spliced
- New England Ropes 3 strand spun polyester running rigging
- Junk fore and main, new 2019. Made of “topgun 9” wine red.
- 3 hank-on jibs dacron 6oz
- 1 hank-on Genoa dacron 5 oz
- 1 red dacron 6oz fisherman topsail.
- Simpson Lawrence manual windlass
- 125′ 5/16″ chain regalvanized 2017
- 111′ 5/16″ chain regalvanized 2020
- 35# CQR stern anchor
- 45# CQR spare anchor
- 45# Bruce anchor
- 75# fisherman anchor
- Insulated everywhere above the waterline with 1.5″ foamboard
- Original trim: Wisconsin cherry
- New floors 2014: Guatemala teak
- ~120w solar
- Silentwind wind generator
- Housebank of 4x 6v Trojan T105 batteries ( New 2021)
- Start bank 12v optimus gell-cell
- LED lighting
@svdrummer on instagram
Featured boat article: